Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Following the Emperor’s visit of the city in 1808, the theater was rebuilt from 1811, and again inaugurated in 1813.

The statues of the facade and the entrance hall between 1821 and 1829. This heraldic decor, one of the only still in place dating from the First Empire, begins on the main facade with the imperial coat of arms of the City of Nantes and that of its mayor Jean-Baptiste Bertrand-Geslin. It was restored again in 2003 and continues to be used for opera and other performances. Therefore in my continuing enjoyment of showcasing the best of architecture and history of my belle France, I bring you back to Nantes.

( Log Out /  Then it is conceivable to build a theater and a concert hall first south of the then proposed Place Royale, then on both sides of the rue Saint-Catherine (now rue du Couëdic) . In Nantes there was a tradition of theater and opera; the first works of this kind are presented in the city in 1687. Hope you enjoy it as we do. Built at the end of the 18C. Das Projekt befindet sich in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique (44), Pays de la Loire, Frankreich.Der Baustil ist Neoklassizistisch. It took over Graslin’s conception, in 1780, other new halls mark this period: the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux, inaugurated that year; the Odeon Theater, under construction, inaugurated in 1782; the launch of the Palais-Royal Theater, inaugurated in 1784; and finally the Besançon Theater, begun in 1778 and inaugurated in 1784. The theater was built by architect Crucy (1749-1826) on an ancient Greek model respecting the golden number in 1788 and Crucy was inspired by neoclassical architecture.

In 1806, Napoleon I granted some French towns permission to maintain a permanent troop; Nantes is one of them. Das Projekt befindet sich in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique (44), Pays de la Loire, Frankreich.Der Baustil ist Neoklassizistisch. Nice walks around here with beautiful architecture. It is an imposing building on a wonderful square, I go even inside the cafe for coffees and across La Cigale restaurant is top gastronomy of my belle France.

And remember, happy travels, good health, and many cheers to all!!! Like most rooms of the time, that of Graslin is in the form of truncated oval. The project is located in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique (44), Pays de la Loire, France.The architectural style is neoclassical. The interior design is guided by considerations related to visibility and acoustics. But the occupation authority said it wants to see the institution run again, and Graslin is back in business from January 1941.

This model does not have a direct influence on the work of Nantes. Twelve steps lead to the vestibule, while eight Corinthian columns support the pediment.

Posted on October 27, 2019 at 17:45 in Bretagne, Europe, France   |  RSS feed

In 1755, plans to build this type of building  instead of a hall for wheat and fish located quai Brancas.

Graslin Theatre is in the center of the district of the same name in honor of Jean-Joseph-Louis Graslin (1727-1790) receiver-general of the kingdom farms and ve participated in land management in the western part Nantes. The Graslin Theater of Nantes!!!

In 1805, the School of Drawing, ancestor of the School of Fine Arts of Nantes, is housed there. Le théâtre Graslin à Nantes. 2) My hommage to my late dear Frenchie Martine, RIP, 3) Blog roll , my favorite sites other than my blog ::), http://www.angers-nantes-opera.com/la-programmation-1920, http://www.angers-nantes-opera.com/informations-pratiques-et-billetterie/acces-et-contacts, la Fourchette or the Fork, resto reservation online in France, La Revue du Vin de France, French wine magazine.

The théatre Graslin, with great operas and musical presentation ,as one of the best in France. 2 It’s an Italian-style theater inside a neoclassical building. The hall is decorated with two statues, representing Corneille and Molière, respectively to the left and to the right of the staircase of honor. Stendhal, visibly unconquered by the harmony of the architectural ensemble, asks facetiously “which had the happiness to be forgotten”. ( Log Out / 

The city is very well known to me as go there often and leave on my trips from its airport. The Graslin theater is the opera house of Nantes. Il a été classé monument historique en 1998. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It is located on Place Graslin, between the streets of rue Molière, rue Scribe and rue  Corneille. Reply   |   But each time, the lack of available space prevents the realization of the project. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. On both sides of the hall, there are two low reliefs emblazoned with the coats of arms of Jean van Styrum, prefect of Loire-Inferieure, and Jean-Pierre Bachasson de Montalivet, Minister of the Interior. Learn how your comment data is processed. The theater has a brief closure after the Nazis invasion  of 1940. Graslin-Theater ist ein(e) Opernhaus, erbaut von 1784 bis 1787. For the lineup read here at official webpage: http://www.angers-nantes-opera.com/la-programmation-1920, For how to get to the Graslin Theater and amenities read here:  http://www.angers-nantes-opera.com/informations-pratiques-et-billetterie/acces-et-contacts. 1 The sketch has been identified as preparatory study for a slightly later colour study of this subject on blue paper in the Turner Bequest; see D24579 (Turner Bequest CCLIX 14). Let me tell you a bit more of its wonderful Theater Graslin at rue Moliére in Nantes. ( Log Out / 

The hall has a capacity of 784 seats. Change ). Coordinates: 47°12′49″N 1°33′44″W / 47.21361°N 1.56222°W / 47.21361; -1.56222, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Théâtre_Graslin&oldid=954384864, Articles lacking sources from August 2015, Wikipedia articles with WorldCat identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 2 May 2020, at 03:37.

The expected duration of work is then 18 months; they will last four years. Thus, 12 steps provide access to a plateau where 7 Corinthian columns (Greek theater specific) support the pediment decorated with 8 statues. And there you go folks arts culture and wonderful architecture in a great location. The theater was built by architect Crucy (1749-1826) on an ancient Greek model respecting the golden number in 1788 and Crucy was inspired by neoclassical architecture. But this room is considered too small, and the Academy of Music, founded in 1727, does not have a suitable place to give concerts.

For me Nantes is like a ‘petit’ Paris…. Thus, 12 … A theater, the hotel des Fermes, a museum, a  Hôtel, a new church Saint-Nicolas, and the Stock Exchange. Constructed in the Italian style, the auditorium holds 823 people. Inaugurated on 23 March 1788, it quickly became a major opera house for the city which nowadays, along with the Grand Théâtre d'Angers, combines with Angers to form a joint Angers-Nantes opera.

These statues were built during the French Restoration through the work of architect Molknecht. It is, with the Grand Théâtre d’Angers, one of the two places of residence of the Angers-Nantes Opéra joint syndicate. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. In 1783, Jean-Joseph-Louis Graslin had excavations and grading done to allow the foundations to be installed, anticipating the agreement of the city office and that of the Royal Academy of Architecture, which were obtained in September 1784. The model in vogue at the time when these plans were conceived is that of the Opéra of Lyon, built between 1753 and 1756. At the end of the 1770s, Jean-Joseph-Louis Graslin, general receiver of the king’s farms in Nantes for about ten years, decided to finance a large-scale private real estate operation, for a speculative purpose. Théâtre Graslin is a theatre and opera house in the city of Nantes, France, built in a new district of the city in the late 18th century by the local architect Mathurin Crucy, and named after the owner of the land, Jean-Louis Graslin.

The construction agreement is given in February 1785.

The demand is strong for the construction of a new auditorium.

Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Dessiné par l'architecte Mathurin Crucy et inauguré en 1788, il a une capacité de 784 places assises.

Graslin Theatre is in the center of the district of the same name in honor of Jean-Joseph-Louis Graslin (1727-1790) receiver-general of the kingdom farms and ve participated in land management in the western part Nantes. The building is ravaged by a fire on August 24, 1796 The fire takes place during a performance of Zémire and Azor, an opera by André Grétry. The attraction of it was enough to move the center of gravity of the city towards the new district centered around a Grand Theater. |  

Yes indeed it has that feels thanks for stopping by!

Constructed in the Italian style, the auditorium holds 823 people. Trackback URL, It’s been a long time since I visited Nantes, thanks for the interesting post.

Tom Holland Zendaya Couple, Signature David D'angers, Hôtel De France Paris Gare De Lyon, Brindas Lyon, Canal + Streaming, Ed Sheeran Parents, Soirée électorale Européennes 2019, La - Mama Facebook, Météo Saint-priest 25 Jours, Album De Tal, Paludisme Symptôme, Cameroun Carte, Kanoé Skyrock, Emploi Luxembourg Frontalier, Tsunami Phuket Hauteur Vague, Saint-lô Plage, Tu Fais En Espagnol, Louane Piano Pdf, Sherlock Holmes Jeu D'ombres Acteur, Orsay : Les Grandes Métamorphoses, Mulan Disney Plus Canada, Je Suis In Traduction, Mions Oxygène, Chroniqueur Bourdin Direct, Concert Paca 2020, Liste Des Rues,