Seven Minutes in Heaven A few years ago, he moved to Sendai, Japan, where he got an apartment just a few miles from the coast. I am 57. Based on USArray/EarthScope detector readings posted at Bad Astronomy, his message overtook the seismic waves outside Philadelphia, and reached New England over a minute before the quake was felt there. On a web page, the HTML processor seems to remove extra spaces. Your website offered us with valuable info to wrk on. We are a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Note: all XKCD comics have a secret caption that appears if you hover the mouse over. Fortunately, he survived the March earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear meltdown. people tend to try to make abbreviations into pronounceable words (acronyms) rather than go letter-by-letter (initialisms). Arimaa Gomoku I really appreciate that you wrote this article and shared some really good information on this specific topic. 172.68.150.10 17:36, 5 May 2018 (UTC), The term "SQL" existed long before Microsoft started playing; they do not get to change the pronunciation. Probably because "in my humble opinion" sounds more condescending than anything, along with the fact that a lot of people love to state things ironically, especially nowadays; seems important to point out when you're actually being sincere sometimes because of that.162.158.186.12 19:32, 9 May 2018 (UTC), I mean, the dress is b&w if you have one of the forms of colorblindness. I don't know why it would be anything else. 1989 - Trąba powietrzna koło Białobrzegów Z okazji pierwszej niszczącej trąby powietrznej w tym roku, warto przypomnieć zdarzenie sprzed 31 lat: " W piątek około godziny 18 nad Klamami, gm. It’s always nice to see real-life confirmation of your calculations! Is it possible the last panel is punning on menstruation? Hi dear, Very Informative and a very good post on the blog. Solved for all possible positions Now my brain will always translate "OMG" to "oh, my genitals".172.68.58.167 17:45, 4 May 2018 (UTC)Pat, The single space convention became the standard waaay before HTML. King regards. I have never heard anyone use it like "Humble". Now IMHO? "SCSI" being pronounced "scuzzy" has a long tradition. }}, xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. CounterStrike Hard I do not think that it is necessarily young IT people who prefer pronouncable words. Mao As for the spaces-after-period thing, I was taught 2 in several typing courses, but quickly dropped it to one as a waste of space (I don't mean I think there's a limit to how many times we can use the space bar, I mean to keep things compact, LOL!) Then SQL, which everyone I've ever met - including in SQL class - pronounced it as S.Q.L., by letters (my favourite was when I learned of this debate, someone saying they used another word with the letters in the right places that was odd, I think "Squeal", which I resolved to use myself, but forgot since it never comes up for me). As many people have pointed out, my comic about tweets outrunning seismic waves seems to have been widely verified in yesterday’s earthquake: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/earthquake-twitter-users-learned-tremors-226481. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. HelloWorld (talk) 18:15, 23 December 2019 (UTC), https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:1989:_IMHO&oldid=186159. Go Ruffy314 (talk) 19:25, 4 May 2018 (UTC), Maybe I'm reading too much in this, but there is a popular product called "cramp tabs" for use during and right after a period Sysin (talk), I hate to be that guy, but I pronounce Giantess and Gift the same way.--Henke37 (talk) 11:06, 5 May 2018 (UTC), For Microsoft's SQL Server, "SQL" should be pronounced "sequel" because it's Microsoft's product, and that's how they pronounce it. ANOTHER one where talking about a debate invents the debate for me! So Gerson stepped out into a group of people in the hall, made a big show of yawning and checking his watch, then said, “Aren’t we about due for an earthquake?” Before anyone could respond, the Loma Prieta earthquake reached Berkeley, and he became a legend. Computers still lose to top humans (but focused R&D could change this) [[A diagram. For myself, I usually say "S-Q-L" but have also used "squeal". 8 comments . There’s a very big earthquake happening!” and then hung up. Last I heard from him, he was moving back home. This page was last edited on 17 January 2020, at 18:45. You have done an impressive process and our entire group will bee grateful to you. Scrabble Poker Connect Four(1995) Hello, Thank you very much enjoyed many nice Site, For the handful of hurricane geeks out there, USArray/EarthScope detector readings posted at Bad Astronomy. (Though from what I remember of Mineral, I can’t help but wonder—if the quake did cause damage, how would you tell?). That's it. Muy agradable. Solved - Computers can play perfectly As in a high-pitched animal sound. Difficulty of Various Games for Computers More details. Wyśmierzyce, woj. The saying is "In My Humble Opinion", therefore so is the acronym. Jeopardy Clearly, not urgent, not important – and an obvious time waster. Gene Wirchenko [email protected] 108.162.216.220 01:06, 6 May 2018 (UTC). Many older I.T. Quadrant 4 – Not Urgent and Not Important. This work is licensed under a The right side lists games in each particular section, in increasing game difficulty. Snakes and Ladders 172.68.150.76 14:39, 6 May 2018 (UTC), The dress is blue and gold to me. He was talking on the phone with another physicist at SLAC near Stanford University near the end of the day on Tuesday, October 17, 1989. Checkers(2007) For decades GIF was pronounced "jif" by literally everyone since they were invented, until Big Bang Theory taught me some people (including them) pronounce it wrong. A list of linguistics-related XKCD comics, collected by Dave Sayers. The SLAC physicist suddenly interrupted with, “Gerson, I have to go! NIM NiceGuy1 (talk) 06:31, 6 May 2018 (UTC), I, too, was taught to type two spaces after a full stop. Te felicito por los temas hermosos y calientes a la vez. Thaledison (talk) 17:26, 4 May 2018 (UTC), Dammit. radomskie, powstała trąba powietrzna. He was talking on the phone with another physicist at SLAC near Stanford University near the end of the day on Tuesday, October 17, 1989. morning, as i like to find out more and more. I once heard a story (originally told by Kevin Young) about Gerson Goldhaber, who was a physicist at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. The SLAC physicist suddenly interrupted with, “Gerson, I have to go! SilverMagpie (talk) 16:33, 4 May 2018 (UTC), Currently adding transcript. Probably because "in my humble opinion" sounds more condescending than anything, along with the fact that a lot of people love to state things ironically, especially nowadays; seems important to point out when you're actually being sincere sometimes because of that.162.158.186.12 19:32, 9 May 2018 (UTC) RIIW - Ponder it (talk) 16:47, 4 May 2018 (UTC), No lie, I had a manager who used to refer to the database language as Squeal. Reversi Fantastic blog you have here. I once heard a story (originally told by Kevin Young) about Gerson Goldhaber, who was a physicist at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. I notice young I.T. Another one with a clear answer and no reason for debate: It's an acronym applied to an ages old phrase, which predates all this texting / internet stuff. He really can’t catch a break. The left column describes various levels of skill for the most capable computers in decreasing performance against humans. This comic is literally the first I hear of this. You’ll discover me looking at your stuff often. Beer Pong (UIUC robot) Chess (February 10, 1996 - First win by computer against top human; November 21, 2005 - Last win by human against top computer) In addition to providing text examples, I’m going to have a little fun and illustrate items from each quadrant in the time management matrix using one of my favorite comics, XKCD. Hi, for all time i used to checck webpage posts here in the early hourfs in the There are labels denoting the hard and easy ends of the diagram.]] I have never heard anyone use it like "Humble". We had an in-house database tool called PiggySQL. Tic-Tac-Toe people I've met prefer initialism pronunciation. Other time wasters include: Mindless web browsing I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. My best friend from college is from Mineral, VA, a town of a few hundred people and one stoplight, which was at the epicenter of yesterday’s quake. I think it had something to do with the font most typewriters used. There are some really good points you made in your post. Solved for starting positions Computers can beat top humans Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. Fortunately, it sounds like there’s not too much damage. Cgrimes85 (talk) 18:13, 4 May 2018 (UTC), Tabs vs Spaces might also be a reference to the programmer's war on how to indent code correctly. Starcraft find someone that looks at you the same way steve looks at an australian ration chocolate bar with no fat separation. More details.. Computers may *never* outplay humans Mixing it up with TBH doesn't make it correct, just like "Should of / would of" isn't correct, nor is "for all intensive purposes", or "ect", or many, many others. Easy The quake started in Virginia at 13:51:04 EST, where most of my family lives. {{Title text: The top computer champion at Seven Minutes in Heaven is a Honda-built Realdoll, but to date it has been unable to outperform the human Seven Minutes in Heaven champion, Ken Jennings. This means you're free to copy and share these comics (but not to sell them). Texts from my brother in Charlottesville (25 miles from the epicenter) were slowed down by the spike in cell traffic, but I got an IRC message from my brother in Newport News, VA at 13:52:09. Calvinball Chbs (talk) 16:38, 4 May 2018 (UTC), AFAIK In normal (British) usage the phrase is "In my humble opinion" and I have heard it said, when someone prefaces their contribution with IMHO it is rarely humble but is definitely an opinion. Although, what colors is it? Ghost(1989) This means you're free to copy and share these comics (but not to sell them).

Entertainment Television émissions De Télévision, Tab Guitare Facile, Marché Arbois, C'était Quand Le Jour 1 Du Confinement Paroles, Urgence Dentaire Lyon, Matthieu 29, Louresse-rochemenier (49), Décines-charpieu Avis, Seine-saint-denis Population, 24h Pujadas Chroniqueurs, Affaire Conclue Acheteurs Caroline Margeridon, Chanson Prince Ali Français, Fête Des Fouées Rou-marson, Quartier Gare Clermont-ferrand, Photos Du Château D'amboise, Qui Sont Les Parents De Maëlys, Quartier Arsenal Saint-fons, Résultats élections Municipales 2020 Louresse-rochemenier, Ou Fait-il Bon Vivre, Orsay : Les Grandes Métamorphoses, Had Croix Rouge Reims, Lettre Pour Remercier Sa Maman, Horaire Marée Cancale, Détérioré Synonyme, Vitrines D'angers Chèques Cadeaux, Marché Saint-didier-sur-chalaronne, Tours, France, Je Viens Du Sud Et Partout Les Chemins, Logement Social Jonage, Prix M2 Bron Terraillon, Grossiste Champagne 974, Kendji Girac Frère Et Soeur, Cathédrale Troglodyte Doué Fontaine, Photos De, Damdam Transition, Quartiers Villeurbanne Carte, Album De Tal, Appartement à Vendre Fort De Bron, Nouveau Quartier Gerland Lyon, Concert Shy'm 2020, Agathe Auproux En Couple 2020, Asba Traduction Tunisien, Météo France Angers Beaucouzé, Certificat De Naissance Perdu Prix, Conférence Saumur, Tombeau Jeanne D'arc, Retrait Carte D'identité, Le Mans 24h, Dam Dam Dam Di Lele, Rdv Passeport En Ligne 95, Se Projeter Dans L'avenir Citation, Location Rez-de Jardin Saint-priest,